Welcome to Timeshare users forum.

In order to view the timeshare forum and guides you must first Register.

FREE to register and FREE to participate

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer Services. Food for Thought?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Services. Food for Thought?

What can be defined as Customer Services ?

To my mind anything that others deliver to you can be defines as delivering Customer Services.

So let”s start at the very top for us in the UK.

Once upon a time.

We joined a common market. Great! ..Strength in numbers. Trading power between neighbours etc. etc. Then Whallop! Somebody moved the goalposts. We are no longer in the Common Market but part of a European Union. A Union which is governed by basically what are unelected bureaucrats working out of Brussels in that most exciting of countries to visit Belgium!!

Now here is where our Mods can split this topic and have a lively debate between Brexiteers and Remainers.

So now we can come down the ladder somewhat. Our UK Government is responsible for delivering what they set out in their manifesto. It is what they were elected for. The promises of their manifesto are what they were elected on. Should they fail to deliver on those promises they then fail on their Customer Services and we can do something about it at the next election.

Down the ladder further we now begin to understand that ultimately all Governments, Organizations, Companies, Developers rely on Customer Services to enable them to remain in control and progress without hindrance. This progress can only come about with the will of their customers. That! Readers. Is to my mind, what Customer Service boils down to.

Please feel free to add your comments. I will be elaborating further on this topic from time to time.

With the news of a Class Action being filed against DRI in Vegas I think that this illustrates my point. Fail your customers with poor service and they will seek options. Some will vote with their feet. Others if they believe that they have been deliberately led up the garden path will find other ways to hit back. So we are beginning to see the fruits of delivering poor customer service. I do hope that this leads to something other than a long protracted case with hefty fines which at the end of the day will be funneled back to their customers.
    I sincerely hope that it leads to a change of policy throughout the industry leading to the end of the road for timeshare systems which simply treat the consumer as a cash cow and it results in the remaining big developers finally delivering customer service.

Comment

I do see a number of topics and even numerous anecdotes around customer service being posted up on here. It seems to be not just timeshare that suffers from poor customer service. It seems that greed and the corporate scramble for our money is at the root of every example of customer service failures. We have to get out of our British habit of just shrugging at it and getting on with it as being a part of our lives that we must put up with. We should shout loudly and complain when we get let down by customer services. We have the internet .We can plaster bad service all over it. Then perhaps the businesses who let us down with their bad service will think twice if we begin to out their rubbish performances.

Comment

Working...
      X