Welcome to Timeshare users forum.

In order to view the timeshare forum and guides you must first Register.

FREE to register and FREE to participate

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better legal structures still required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better legal structures still required

An improvement in the protection for both timeshare site owners and timeshare owners is long overdue. The legal framework has to be fair for both sides for timeshare to work. With all our knowledge we should be able to produce a legal document that can be used as the contract between both parties. With your help I will start building this document. Let me know what you think should be in it.

The aim is to create a benchmark agreement which we can test through discussion. Can it work or is the whole idea of timeshare a failure from both sides.

Welcome Marvin! We know that timeshare is a brilliant concept but in reality it has lost its way. From the consumers point of view it appears that a high percentage of timeshare companies are working their own agendas and that does not seem to include their consumers?? The Industry from the consumers point of view with few exceptions appears rudderless.

We already have a working document that was presented to the EU commission on the important aspect of exiting and how to make timeshare contracts more attractive. We are researching various aspects of the industry so this can move forward.

One of the objectives of the Timeshare users forum is to provide workable solutions and so your input would prove to be invaluable. I will email you back directly on this ;-)

Comment

• KEITH HURST
      KEITH HURST commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the problems is that the EU think it should be handled at national level and the UK think it is an EU wide mater. Perhaps after Brexit we can start to lobby the government to take the mater on as it has been neglected for far to long

Whilst thinking about this I feel what is included and not included is a good start. Expectations and facilities change all the time so there needs to be some way to adjust the costs of these in a calculable way. A most objectionable act over the past years has been the sudden bill for something unknown!

Comment

Resorts are supposed to factor this in! If they have a dwindling membership then thats there fault there are ways forward for the thinking resorts.

Comment

To a degree. Who could of foretold the existence and todays expectation of internet let alone Wi-Fi back in the 1970's for example?

Comment

Its was the same environment with all companies in different industries but most moved with the times. There are timeshare companies that appear to have been caught in a time warp and did not adapt. They played out the same core business model for over 30 years and now they are paying the price and were not just talking about the resorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
            Whilst thinking about this I feel what is included and not included is a good start. Expectations and facilities change all the time so there needs to be some way to adjust the costs of these in a calculable way. A most objectionable act over the past years has been the sudden bill for something unknown!
            Heeey, you know I absolutly agree with you here and you are right! definetlly

Comment

Originally posted by Pamella View Post

Heeey, you know I absolutly agree with you here and you are right! definetlly
              Hi Pamella no likes an unexpected bill especially when this has not been catered for with a support sinking fund. There are some resorts that should look more like palaces with the high maintenances they charge ;-)

Comment

I agree with you regards unexpected bills. Many timeshare users are now on pensions and cannot budget for unexpected special levies and that is what sinking funds should be for. However it should not be allowed to detract from the fact that those who know what they are doing can get a weeks timeshare in such as The Canaries for 2 for around £800 or less, including flights which as a package holiday would cost around double that price and the quality of the accommodation would probably be not as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                  An improvement in the protection for both timeshare site owners and timeshare owners is long overdue. The legal framework has to be fair for both sides for timeshare to work. With all our knowledge we should be able to produce a legal document that can be used as the contract between both parties. With your help I will start building this document. Let me know what you think should be in it.

The aim is to create a benchmark agreement which we can test through discussion. Can it work or is the whole idea of timeshare a failure from both sides.
                  All that is needed for industry to work for all including customers is goodwill ( plus blood/sweat/and tears
                  will

Comment

Working...
                  X