Welcome to Timeshare users forum.

In order to view the timeshare forum and guides you must first Register.

FREE to register and FREE to participate

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake call saying they are from BT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake call saying they are from BT

BT Technical Department supposedly just called to let me know that my BT Broadband has been hacked. How did I know that the call was from scammers? I do not have BT broadband and ladies with asian accents are not usually called Mary. 02063265890 is the number to watch out for.

This has got me thinking and so I have tried to do a little something about it.
    Having done a bit of research it seems to show that the calls are coming from London. So this will be a telephone line provided by BT. It does not matter which provider the line is sub contracted out to, be it Virgin, Talktalk or any other provider the trail goes back to the original land line provider. So what we seem to have is BT putting profit before customer care in appearing to allow a scam organisation to try to dupe the general public`s BT Broadband users by use of BT provided telephone lines.
    It was attempted to try to fob me off with the excuse that the scammer was possibly international but having researched the origin of the call I am not buying that one as research comes up with London. BT provides landlines for many countries throughout the world so even if it were to prove to be an international call it may still have emanated via one of their lines.
    BT has the ability to call me and discuss it but I am not holding my breath.

Comment

We get this call at least twice a week but we have not got BT phone or broadband also my wife had a call saying there was a arrest warrant out in her name for not paying her income tax bill I have had emails saying that my TV licence standing order has not gone through I am 75 so I get a free one also with the muck up with win 10 latest update had plenty of calls saying they were Microsoft engineers and wanted to access my pc so they could put it right most of these calls emails would frighten a lot of people but as we have been through a Timeshare sales meeting I do not believe anyone who phones or emails

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmower75 View Post
        We get this call at least twice a week but we have not got BT phone or broadband also my wife had a call saying there was a arrest warrant out in her name for not paying her income tax bill I have had emails saying that my TV licence standing order has not gone through I am 75 so I get a free one also with the muck up with win 10 latest update had plenty of calls saying they were Microsoft engineers and wanted to access my pc so they could put it right most of these calls emails would frighten a lot of people but as we have been through a Timeshare sales meeting I do not believe anyone who phones or emails
        Which confirms that I did the right thing in questioning BT`s duty of care to its customers be they purchasing telephone access directly or indirectly from BT.

Comment

• KEITH HURST
          KEITH HURST commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been getting emails re TV licence, also over 75 ,I just ignore them now BT show very little intrest
      Working...
      X