Welcome to Timeshare users forum.

In order to view the timeshare forum and guides you must first Register.

FREE to register and FREE to participate

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spanish law changes for timeshare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish law changes for timeshare

I am interested to know if anyone has yet got rid of their timeshare in Spain based on the present law that states that timeshare comes under property law and as such the contracts are not valid?
    Last edited by helpmate2; 25-04-2018, 08:13 AM. Reason: It looks as if Papillon does not speak or write much English, so I have corrected.

Most people on here are timeshare users and so we get few people on here who have "got rid" of their timeshares.
    We do have Javier who is a Spanish Lawyer so why not ask him your question.
    http://www.correaguimera.com

Comment

Thanks for the link and info I understand and respect your comment

Comment

Originally posted by Papillon View Post
        I am interested to know if anyone has yet got rid of their timeshare in Spain based on the present law that states that timeshare comes under property law and as such the contracts are not valid?
        Hello Papillon! I do not quite understand your question, what does that mean that "timeshare comes under property law"? The Spanish Timeshare Act you mean?

I have had many contracts declared null and void (some of them published only recently in my web), BUT what is also true is that, because of the Supreme Court case law started only three years ago, many proceedings are still alive and under appeals and due to that I've only recovered, so far, one client's money, in an Anfi's case.

Comment

Hi sorry I did not know the correct wording when I first posted but have looked at this more now, and yes it’s the timeshare act as you rightly pointed out.
          i have now spoken to a company that have successfully processed about 150 refunds out of 500 ish I think so looks like there is the possibility of getting a refund on a timeshare depending on a few important points.

Comment

I once saw a man on the steps of a court who said. "I have lost and he has been awarded £xxxx."
            The problem he now has is getting the money from me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Papillon View Post
              Hi sorry I did not know the correct wording when I first posted but have looked at this more now, and yes it’s the timeshare act as you rightly pointed out.
              i have now spoken to a company that have successfully processed about 150 refunds out of 500 ish I think so looks like there is the possibility of getting a refund on a timeshare depending on a few important points.
              Ok, good luck then!

Comment

Papillon if you go ahead and are successful. Please let us know.
                Equally and just as important if you go ahead and they are unsuccessful again please let us know.
                (I do find it strange though that you have not sought any opinions on here as to your choice of who to use!!)

Comment

Who are the firm you have spoken to

Comment

I will post updates as I proceed as I have now already got the information back that I requested from the company, and it looks very good. They do not require any money upfront so that is a good sign.
                    Last edited by Papillon; 27-04-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X