Welcome to Timeshare users forum.

In order to view the timeshare forum and guides you must first Register.

FREE to register and FREE to participate

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disability – preparing resorts for disabled owners and guests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disability – preparing resorts for disabled owners and guests

Compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act can appear to be a daunting task with possible huge financial implications for the Independent Owner Controlled Resorts.

The aging membership brings with it disabilities and mobility issues and for owners to know that they are visiting and owning at resorts that are compliant gives them the added confidence not only to visit but to continue with their ownerships, safe in the knowledge that their needs are being addressed.

Conformance may not be as difficult or financially daunting as imagined if a source of information could be tapped into.

It may be that as the forum grows then we may attract members who have had experience of dealing with The DDA and may be prepared to pass on that experience for the benefit of disabled timeshare users and resort developers.

That would be a great help for those who have mobility problems there are many RCI sites mainly in Europe were the discription is very interesting until you reach the line that says not suitable for people with mobility problems.
    Last edited by KEITH HURST; 16-03-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

One thing I think that resorts could do is to have higher recliner loungers for people like me who cannot get off of the low ones unless someone gives me a hand

Comment

The forum will have an article soon about disability and how this can be managed when selecting a holiday.

On another matter I note that UKRE has weeks on rental highly discounted in the Easter period in the UK on a farm with some lovely cottages in the Lake district. The weeks cater for those that have mobility challenges. The weeks are from April 7th and are substantially reduced if purchased via UKRE https://lakedistrictdisabledholidays.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
        X