Welcome to Timeshare users forum.

In order to view the timeshare forum and guides you must first Register.

FREE to register and FREE to participate

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

resale sense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resale sense

We are all aware of the problem selling an unwanted timeshare there must come a point for the developers when they have no new weeks left it would be in there best interest to resell unwanted weeks for old customers. I know mine will not there best advise is try EBAY.this attitude will have to change but do not hold your breath

The current economics of timeshare points to the fact that the larger developers operating within Europe are dropping off members faster than they are creating them and so to make it easier for members by assisting them to sell when they cannot even sell their own products would seem to me to not be the avenue to explore. Some of the sales difficulties are self inflicted simply because of the failures in the past to get a grip and keep control of the selling practices of their sales operation. The secondary problem is the ageing memberships which is a situation that has been gathering pace for around the last 15 years. The ageing memberships suddenly began to realise that they were signed in to a product with little or no exit facilities and so they began making an ever increasing noise about it thus compounding upon the negativity that poor sales techniques had begun to highlight.

The larger developers are basically stuck with their own creations because they are too large to change quickly enough to alter the trend of negativity which has been built up over years of poor customer service and failure to find a way to move with the times that continued to favour their profitability. Only when they recognise that it is time to concede or when legislation forces it upon them will they reform their antiquated practices.

For the smaller developers however this is a golden opportunity to put forward simple products which are attractive to the next generation of timeshare users because make no mistake timeshare used properly can create fantastic value for money. Second hand timeshare is of course, for those in the know, the best value of all as it is clean and clear of the bad selling practices. You can see what you are getting. You will not be told a pack of lies at the beginning and you can pick and choose something that suits you at your leisure without being told that it is an "only for today offer" You can pick a second hand timeshare up cheaply and you can also pick one up that suits your lifestyle.

The only positive aspect I can see for the larger developers is that by encouraging second hand sales with the right vehicle. They would be replacing unhappy, disaffected members with new members who will continue to pay the maintenance fees that the unhappy members may become delinquent on. This would obviously be preferable to an ever shrinking membership.

Comment

• KEITH HURST
      KEITH HURST commented
      Editing a comment
      While I am happy to accept most of your points I would only say that your last point is the one that i was making and it would go a little way to deal with the reselling con men.

I think the point that Charlie 1 was making at the beginning of the post shows that the larger developers will never ever not have weeks or points for sale as there are always those older members leaving by one means or another. And if word from elsewhere is anything to go by then delinquencies are at an all time high with those companies who do not provide a sensible exit strategy.
    Last edited by mavo; 05-03-2018, 08:10 AM. Reason: Typo spotted

Comment

• KEITH HURST
      KEITH HURST commented
      Editing a comment
      I am always happy to accept charlie i advice and explanations. As an older owner i am more a hope for rather than what is.. I hope that my comments are accepted as tonge in cheek . There is not a lot of humour in timeshare ownership.in older years

Well I cannot speak for Charlie 1 but I do find some of the activities in and around timeshare to be a bit of a joke.
    Particularly around reselling which if it were not so serious (in that it takes money from desperate folks whilst offering them so little hope by doing virtually nothing for what they are charged) it would make a great comedy television programme.
    The trouble is, it is serious and is costing many people a lot of money for what they think is hope when in reality it is not even a glimmer when folks are trying to sell one timeshare in a list of thousands in some cases. It`s like sticking a pin in a long list and hoping it will be the one to be first past the post.

Comment

• KEITH HURST
      KEITH HURST commented
      Editing a comment
      i cannot find fault with that viewpoint

Most timeshare companies are stuck in an eighties business model. A high percentage are clueless on how to market for non timeshare owners. Those companies need too...
    1) Adapt their products to become more flexible to cater for changing lifestyles.
    2) Sack their marketing departments thats IF they have one and start again.
    3) Sack whoever they have heading up customer services. Customer service must resonate through every aspect of the business!
    4) Understand what PR really is and its not just new shiney websites and pretty brochures.
    5) Support owners that for whatever reason wish to exit timeshare. Replace them with new happy members that are educated on how to work timeshare. This can be done work through the afore mentioned for a start.

Mostly this new approach to timeshare has to come from those that have NOT been employed in the timeshare industry - this needs fresh eyes. This is an amazing opportunity for those that seriously look at this because change comes with a plan moving forward. Why do 90% of restaurants fail, yet only 1% of McDonalds fail? Answer McDonalds follow a system!

Bottom line - FOCUS on becoming a company you would be incredibly proud to have!
    Last edited by Charlie1; 05-03-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X