Welcome to Timeshare users forum.

In order to view the timeshare forum and guides you must first Register.

FREE to register and FREE to participate

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worldwide events and their effect on tourism!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worldwide events and their effect on tourism!

The affect of worldwide events does seem to impact dramatically on Tourism. Is this good or bad for timeshare in general I wonder?
    The terrorism in Egypt, Turkey. France, in particular Paris. England, In particular London and Manchester and other places around the world.
    Last year we have the earthquake and aftershocks in Kos. What will be their inpact on tourism elsewhere and in that I include the other numerous popular Greek islands?
    With regards to The Canary Islands the answer appears to be yes it does impact. Tourist bookings to these sunny islands are seeing a huge uptake and timeshare points users are finding that they have to place their bookings earlier and earlier in order to guarantee an apartment. Sometimes as far ahead as permissible. Diamond Resorts in Europe allow bookings to be placed 13 months before the holiday date. Thus I read elsewhere that some people are staying up at night and booking at midnight 13 months in advance to the day. Fixed weeks owners have no such problems of course as their week, is their week, year in and year out. So are they better to keep it like that or agree to switch to the more versatile points systems? (Switching at a fee of course.)
    How can timeshare react to how and where we are choosing to take our holidays if our destination decisions are based on these type of wordwide events?
    Does it really need to react and if so how?
    Does it even have the versatility to react?

This is a difficult problem as this becomes a more popular area as seen with the hikes in costs for conventional holidays in the Canary Islands outside of timeshare. If you are a regular visitor to the Canary Islands but you would still like to have some control. It would be better to own on the Canary Islands.

This is just one way that you can work the system - I would consider a resort that has the flexibility to convert to RCI points.

That way you still own your FIXED week and like Sunseeker as in DRI I have known RCI members wait up until the first available booking time 13 months to midnight to book!
    The difference by owning a fixed week in the RCI Points system you can between months 12-13 elect to take your own FIXED week(s) and not have you allocation of points for that year.

If you change your mind say prior to taking your FIXED week(s) and elect to have your points. In the RCI terms and conditions there is an acceptable period prior to your FIXED weeks that this option is available. There is also a penalty of time when you can use those allocation of points given as you have now allowed your weeks to go back into the RCI Points pool of weeks - through a change of mind.

This forum has a number of guides to assist the consumer. Knowledge can make a huge difference and give you the edge when planning your holidays. Ensure you register so you can access them.

Comment

It is not just Europeans that are having problems booking there holidays I have read many reports that people in the USA cannot get the weeks they want and are finding that they are being told that the resorts they want are more points than they have also they are finding that resorts are offering accommodation to non members instead of members

Comment

Some friends of ours were telling us recently that to book their usual holiday this year at the hotel they normally use in Tenerife, it is going to cost them more than double what it costed them last year. Is this simple profiteering? But more to the point is it going to bite off the hand that feeds these hotels? Once you lose your customers it is so hard to get them back again.
        Tunisia has begun taking tourists again after upping its security at resorts. No doubt Egypt will do the same and this will take some of the pressure off The Canaries and they may then have to go back to being competitive once more. But the damage may be already done with this apparent cashing in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmower75 View Post
          It is not just Europeans that are having problems booking there holidays I have read many reports that people in the USA cannot get the weeks they want and are finding that they are being told that the resorts they want are more points than they have also they are finding that resorts are offering accommodation to non members instead of members
          Some desperate resorts are offering their weeks to non timeshare owners. This is simply where they have a marketing division locked into the eighties! They have not transitioned into modern day marketing promoting what is a great concept. However to do so they need to make sure that there products reflects the consumers changing holiday needs and expectations.

There are timeshare companies that have to understand that younger members don't want to be locked in!! They want simple products that you don't need a degree in holidays and have to jump through hoops to get a holiday! Timeshare companies that don't adapt are going end up like the dinosaurs!! Those timeshare companies that join those that have adapted to suit todays holiday needs will reap the rewards!

This is even more reason for timeshare owners to register on this forum so they can read the FREE GUIDES. For example the guide called List of Independent Exchange Companies will enable them to access other weeks through Independent exchange companies offering greater choice!

There are other FREE GUIDES helping to simplify aspects of timeshare and other guides that will bring advantage to those that take the time out to read a guide thats relative to their holiday needs. I have taken fantastic holidays in timeshare cheaper than the typical online travel companies but with a known quality rather than cross my fingers and hope its ok.
          Last edited by Charlie1; 16-02-2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X