Welcome to Timeshare users forum.

In order to view the timeshare forum and guides you must first Register.

FREE to register and FREE to participate

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stay safe from the rash of Scammers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay safe from the rash of Scammers

With most of the world in lockdown it is highly probable that people throughout the world will have the time to sort out the wheat from the chaff and most should be able to work out when a scam is trying to be worked on them.
    So the scammers should begin to suffer as fewer successes come their way. The only problem I see to this is that you are dealing with very clever but crooked people and what they will do now is to come up with even more believable cons to rid you of your hard earned cash.

So here are a couple of thoughts for you and how to stay safe.

The first thing is when you are approached. Think ! Could this possibly be a scam​?

If it could then, walk away no matter how believable or good it may sound.

If you get an email from an unknown source delete it without opening it.

If you get a phone call from anybody that you did not expect. Hang up and block the caller.
    (You do not ask for cold calls so refuse them by hanging up and blocking.)

If you get a text that you did not expect delete it and block the texter.

The government will not contact you by phone or text.

Your bank will not contact you by phone or text.

If in doubt block them out.

There is a lot of information on scammers on Inside Timeshare which seems to be well informed about current events.
    There seems to be a relevant posting put up on the site around 3 times per week.

They currently seem to also be highly critical of McDonalds Resorts and their cash grabbing antics towards their customers which was facilitated in the past by Harry Taylors groundbreaking unilateral statement and intervention without consulting with his board at TATOC which meant that McDonalds could treat their lifeblood ie. the membership howsoever they wished. Mr Taylor and TATOC are long gone but is seems that his legacy lingers on.

Comment

One good thing to come out of this virus is that I am not getting any phones calls telling me I am going to be arrested for not paying my income tax my computer has got a virus and my internet is going to be shut down and all the other things they are trying to con us with

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmower75 View Post
        One good thing to come out of this virus is that I am not getting any phones calls telling me I am going to be arrested for not paying my income tax my computer has got a virus and my internet is going to be shut down and all the other things they are trying to con us with
        Yeah. I decided to stop doing all that once this virus stuff kicked off.

Comment

Working...
        X