Welcome to Timeshare users forum.

In order to view the timeshare forum and guides you must first Register.

FREE to register and FREE to participate

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prices rising at a disproportionate rate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices rising at a disproportionate rate?

I was speaking to someone a couple of days ago about the huge rise in costs to stay in holiday hotels in the Canaries particularly in Tenerife. Some are reported to have doubled their prices in the last 24 months.The conversation I had was even more alarming.

The person told me that they are friends with a family who regularly stay in Laguna Park1. They are a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 children. Last year they stayed in the resort (which can only be described as 3 star by the most optimistic of holidaymakers) It is a resort type complex with apartments and it specializes in all inclusive canteen type food.
    Last year they are said to have paid £1200 for their 2 weeks stay. This year the cost is a staggering £3200.

There is no doubt in my mind that prices are becoming so high in Tenerife that UK tourists are looking elsewhere and that when results are published, sometime early next year they will show a significant downturn in visitors as opposed to the year on year increases they have become used to. This will result in unemployment in the islands of the Canaries. The Canaries already suffers from mass unemployment and their systems and work contracts mean that hourly rates are low and few people have more than 6 months a year of employment to look forward to.
Working...
X