Welcome to Timeshare users forum.

In order to view the timeshare forum and guides you must first Register.

FREE to register and FREE to participate

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Conundrum consumers face

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Conundrum consumers face

I remember an article on here titled Why A Forum Not A Blogsite and having just read something on a blogsite I realise that these blogsite articles can result in leaving us with more questions than answers.
    I have just seen a blogsite with a current campaign against an organisation who they allege to be undertaking part of their operation for the benefit of consumers, yet they are admittedly being funded by the developers who are members of RDO. This immediately leads to questioning their performance re any help they are likely to give to consumers given the track record of the now defunct TATOC and its helpline.
    After the blogsite revelations of the past performances of the principal director of the above organisation which is obviously designed rightly or wrongly to discredit this organisation as they are writing that he was a principal director in no less than 17 companies at various times which ceased trading owing collectively around 500,000 pounds This is then continued with a further blog in which a company called ECC congratulates the author on outing the story. Unfortunately when you google ECC it seems to come up with question marks against their integrity.
    https://www.timeshareassociation.co....ims-centre-ecc
    The above refers to not just ECC but an associated company, ITRA who is now defunct
    But then again if you look deep enough into the website timeshare association.co.uk it seems to belong to Monster Travel etc,etc.
    Oh what a tangled web we weave!
    Which I suppose is the reason there are no current candidates for the Good Guys section.
    Every time the helpmates think they have found someone research suggests otherwise.
    As consumers we can only hope that the smokescreens will one day be removed and we are allowed to find honest people who are prepared, for a fair price. to work on our behalf.

Assumed guilt by association is not reliable and blogs such as the ones targeting those seen as rivals do not breed consumer confidence. In fact I would go so far as to say that they have a negative effect with consumers which results in a lack of confidence in all parties passively or aggressively involved in such practices.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 12-04-2019, 09:29 AM.

Comment

In my youth there was a phrase about the kettle calling the frying pan black, plus many others along this line pity that some folk do not remember them . Companies who slag of other such companies would do better looking at there own dirty hands

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH HURST View Post
        In my youth there was a phrase about the kettle calling the frying pan black, plus many others along this line pity that some folk do not remember them . Companies who slag of other such companies would do better looking at there own dirty hands
        The European equivalent seems to be. "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

But not knowing who to believe. They could all be right or they could all be wrong or only a percentage could be right therefore we consumers have the conundrum.

Comment

Working...
        X