Welcome to Timeshare users forum.

In order to view the timeshare forum and guides you must first Register.

FREE to register and FREE to participate

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposed New Timeshare Exit Bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed New Timeshare Exit Bill

TUG (Florida)article on todays TUG blogpage has anybody any details on it?

It may be aimed at exit company s most comments seem to say must have been written by timeshare industry
    Last edited by KEITH HURST; 26-01-2019, 05:07 PM.

You need to direct people to it a bit better as even I cannot find reference to it. Keith.

Comment

• KEITH HURST
      KEITH HURST commented
      Editing a comment
      Its a website I have been many times but today I am having problems with it
      Last edited by KEITH HURST; 27-01-2019, 11:03 AM.

• KEITH HURST
      KEITH HURST commented
      Editing a comment
      I have fond reference to the bill FB705 Timeshare and Vacation Bill currently going Fl parliament.
      Timesharegame .com Sorry not more helpful but pc research not my strongpoint I CALLED IT AN EXIT BILL ITS MORE LIKE A STOP THE EXITS BILL
      Also on TIMESHARE USERS GROUP WEEK 4 2019 POSTING
      Last edited by KEITH HURST; 28-01-2019, 08:51 AM.

• KEITH HURST
      KEITH HURST commented
      Editing a comment
      try this one its not the one I was on before butthe info is there, the bill is HB7025. https://timesharegame.com/florida-bi...our-timeshare/ It is also on the Florida Senate website as HB435 EFFECTIVE DATE 7/1/2019

Sorry for the delay but there are times when my health conditions don't play ball and I have to concentrate on them
      Last edited by KEITH HURST; 30-01-2019, 10:58 AM.

The first thought that comes into my head on this one is the likely closeness of the developers to those in power in the White House. Google Trump Timeshare and it will be fairly obvious that in the event of pending legislation that would loosen the control of Timeshare for The Developers it would not gain much support from that direction. The second thought is that each state in America has differing laws and so any Timeshare Exit Bill would not necessarily be enforceable throughout the USA and in the States where timeshare dominates, the developers may well have enough influence to water down any legislation seen to be favouring the consumer.

Comment

There are some holiday parks (not timeshare) I have spoken to recently (UK) that dont have an exit problem. They mainly focus on whole apartment ownership of log cabins. They have a massive advantage where those that have properties sold on a long term lease actually appreciate. The thinking resort park is able to offer tax free rental income, they are free of inheritance tax, capital gains tax, if a second home no council tax. A different product but some are and have linked up with exchange companies - no maintenance fees. Some have been going for many years.

If you can't afford 50K - 275K upwards there are a few that offer out ownership of separate weeks - I have come across some parks that guarantees return of capital and even tax free rental income as they let out the prime weeks if people seek ownership of small clusters of weeks.

If only timeshare had considered running timeshare on a fairer basis instead of looking at this as just a money making machine.

Comment

There are many solutions to the ills of timeshare but the fear of change is the enemy of progress.

Comment

Fear and clueless without any idea on the steps required come to mind. Most of the small too middle sized developers only have their maintenances as their main source of 'income'. The majority will have large sums come in this month. I wonder what percentage is going in to actual maintenance? The vast amount left should go into working towards their resorts future. So many boxes to tick dependent on the resort. Maybe next year ...

Comment

Working...
          X